Enjoy more than $500 in savings when you join the West Virginia Nonprofit Association.
Members get FREE access to GrantStation.com (a $149 value) and Network for Good’s Fundraising Fundamentals (a $360 value).
Then, take advantage of your member benefits and add more savings with:
- FREE registration for most WVNPA events and webinars (regularly $30 each)
- $50 OFF registration for the annual Faces of Leadership conference for up to 2 staff
- MEMBERS-ONLY DISCOUNTS on car rentals,insurance, background checks and more.
PLUS When your organization joins the West Virginia Nonprofit Association, your nonprofit also becomes a member of the nation’s largest network of nonprofits. Through the WVNPA’s association with the National Council of Nonprofits, your staff and board have access to timely updates on trends and issues that impact all charitable nonprofits. Whether you are interested in strengthening your nonprofit’s governance or fundraising, or learning about public policy issues that affect your nonprofit’s mission, you will find that the National Council of Nonprofits’ National Voice, State Focus, and Local Impact add significant value to your membership in the West Virginia nonprofit Association.
The West Virginia Nonprofit Association continuously works hard right here in West Virginia as an advocate for issues that affect all nonprofits in our state, so they continue to have the tools and resources they need to serve their communities.
Save Time, Save Money, Connect with the Experts
On this page...
Members of the WVNPA enjoy a wealth of benefits, including free access to GrantStation, vendor discounts, regional, state, national and online resources and tools, expert advice, discounted trainings and more. See below for a list of the benefits that come with each membership level.
General Member Benefits
- Access to ‘Members Only’ Resource Library
- Access to Membership Directory
- Vendor discounts
- Business Member discounts
- Ask An Expert
- Regional, state and national on-line resources, tools, and links
- Free GrantStation Membership
- Member ListServ
- Member Communications (monthly newsletter, News Briefs, Action Alerts)
- Regional and statewide training calendar
- No- or low-cost member fees to regional trainings and webinars
- Staff available to answer and research questions
- Job postings at no/low cost member rates
- Opportunity to become a Regional Satellite Partner
Your WVNPA membership entitles you to a FREE membership to GrantStation, a $149 value.
Grantstation.com is a premiere suite of online grant research resources. Create your account and log into GrantStation to gain access to Member Features:
- Search their thousands of carefully researched profiles of private and government funding opportunities, at the local, state and national level, to help you find the grantmakers most appropriate for your organization.
- Write better with in-depth tutorials on each element of a full grant request.
- Learn from tools and articles on the entire grant process.
- Read the GrantStation Insider, the weekly newsletter delivered to your inbox with timely grant opportunities.
- Already a WVNPA member? Click here to visit GrantStation.
New for 2015!
West Virginia’s nonprofit organizations provide a wide variety of valuable services and products that are es- sential to communities across the state. The success of these nonprofits is dependent upon public confidence and support. The West Virginia Nonprofit Association (WVNPA) has developed Principles & Practices for Nonprofit excellence to serve as a model for West Vir- ginia nonprofit organizations to guide their operations and practices, enabling them to meet their missions. The Principles & Practices are intended to describe best practices in managing and governing nonprofit organi- zations. These principles provide benchmarks to help an organization determine how efficiently and effectively it is working towards its mission and provide recommen- dations for improvement. The Principles are organized into eight categories, which are described below. The individual principles and practices are listed in a separate document, which is available from the West Virginia Nonprofit Association.Categories of Principles & Practices include:
- Mission & Program
- Financial Management
- Outcomes & Evaluation
- Human Resources
- Marketing & Communications
Thanks to Network for Good and the National Council of Nonprofits, Fundraising Fundamentals is a new *free* benefit for WVNPA Members, a $360 value.
Want to raise more money this year? As a WVNPA Member and premium training subscriber, you’ll get access to Step-by-step fundraising plans, Fundraising checklists and templates, Personalized expert reviews of your appeals, website, and more plus access to premium fundraising content year-round!
Six Course Topics:
- Nonprofit Marketing Planning Course
- Nonprofit Website Course
- Email Acquisition Course
- Social Media Course
- Donor Thank You and Retention Course
- Year End Fundraising Course
Each comprehensive course contains 5-10 lessons and each lesson has 4-12 components. Courses include a Combination of E-learning and live events.
Nonprofit Marketing Planning Course
- Confirmation of completion
- Multiple users per organization
- All coursed eligible for CFRE credits
Associate Member Benefits
- Member List Serve
- Member Communications (Monthly newsletter, News Briefs, Actions Alerts)
- Regional and statewide training calendar
- Access to on-line resources and links (limited)
- No or low cost member fees to regional trainings and webinars
- Job postings: discount member rates; non-member rates
Academic Institution Member Benefits
Academic Institution Members enjoy the same benefits as General Members
Business-Consultant Member Benefits
Refer to the Business-Consultant Member Application, second page, for the membership level and corresponding benefits.