Board & Staff
The West Virginia Nonprofit Association (WVNPA) is led by an Advisory Board of 14 members with a diverse representation of the state’s nonprofit community including size, type, geographic region served, and different sectors of service (arts, community development, education, economic development, human services, health, philanthropy, United Ways, volunteerism, senior services, youth services, etc).
The Advisory Board
- Susan Adkins – Consultant, Lewisburg
- Dr. Susan Aloi – West Virginia Wesleyan College, Buckhannon
- John Ballengee – United Way of Central West Virginia, Charleston
- Gary Clay, Secretary & Treasurer – United Way of Randolph County, Elkins
- Erin Clemens – Literacy West Virginia, Morgantown
- Matt Hinkle – Eastern WV Community Action Agency, Moorefield
- Jessica Hudson – Dress for Success River Cities, Huntington
- Heather Foster – Volunteer WV, Charleston
- Margaret O’Neal – United Way of Southern WV, Beckley
- Tres Ross, Chair – The Ross Foundation, Parkersburg
- Sheri Ryder – The Greater Kanawha Valley Foundation, Charleston
- Mark Sliter – Catholic Charities of WV, Wheeling
- Tom Tinder – WV Bar Foundation, Charleston
- Nikki Williams – West Virginia Development Office, Charleston
Our thanks to each member of the Advisory Board for their hard work, dedication, and volunteer leadership in creating and building the WVNPA.
Laura Lee Haddad, Executive Director
Laura Lee Haddad has spent her entire career in the nonprofit sector serving in the position of Executive Director or Resource Development Director for state, national and international, organizations. A seasoned veteran in nonprofit management and volunteer development, Laura Lee has worked for the March of Dimes, the American Cancer Society, the National Speakers Association/Ohio Chapter, United Way of the Greenbrier Valley, and now, founding Executive Director of the new West Virginia Nonprofit Association. Laura Lee’s familiarity with the needs of nonprofit organizations and her natural skills in building partnerships are a perfect match for growing the association into one that serves its members as a connector, service provider, and a collective voice in building the strength and effectiveness of West Virginia’s nonprofit organizations.
PO Box 1452
Lewisburg, WV 24901
Ashley Adams, Director of Membership and Marketing
Ashley Adams is the Director of Membership and Marketing for the West Virginia Nonprofit Association. Ashley has a Master’s Degree in Social Work and a graduate certificate in Nonprofit Management from West Virginia University. She has worked with numerous nonprofit organizations, as a manager for the Washington County Free Library in Maryland, Eastern Regional Coordinator for West Virginians for Affordable Healthcare, Executive Director for Habitat for Humanity of the Eastern Panhandle, and Adjunct Professor for the West Virginia University School of Social Work. Ashley is a life-long West Virginian and passionate about the work that nonprofits do in the Mountain State. She loves to read and lives with her husband, son, and dog in Martinsburg.
Marlyn McClendon, Administrative Assistant
Marlyn McClendon is the Administrative Assistant for The West Virginia Nonprofit Association. She grew up in Huntington, WV and graduated with her BA from WVU. Passionate about West Virginia and the future of our mountain communities, Marlyn has continuously worked in the non-profit sector with focus areas in education, youth empowerment, community organizing, and local food. She is a mother, photographer, gardener, and yogi living in Pocahontas County.